"Stevie Wonder taught me something, and so did Hall & Oates..."  

Blog'D by Atamarashi

Why hello there lurkers.

I had a sneaking suspicion about your presence back there with the rest of the shadowed crowd. It wouldn't be such a night unless yours truly had your eye on my tiny personalised space out in the world wide web, where my fingertips roam free and type my very thoughts at will in the form of an intelligible blog post.

I do admit, there are quite a number of things and topics I've been through on here. Alot doesn't seem appropriate at times, but overall, I think I'm doing quite well for a seasoned, and yet, not quite as frequent as I like -blogger.

I do believe I had something in mind when I started this blog post.

That is, Stevie Wonder (Stevie Ray Vaughn?) and Hall & Oates.

Now, I know they may not be the most current faze that tops the radio charts today, as of those hits of Ke$ha, 3Oh!3, Will.I.Am and whatnot; but it was only yesterday that I had been relaxing and finding a song of Stevie's that recognised.

It had all started with "Superstition". Of course, the classic is well known if you've ever seen any cheesy or even well made movie from the 90s or even shows and YouTube channels of today have used this great theme/song. It was from YouTube's Suggestions panel that I noticed and followed onto the rest of his songs... Thus, leading me to Hall and Oates.

Now, I had heard their "You make my Dreams come True" from its use in the 2009/2010 (I can't remember exactly when it was released) film, 500 Days of Summer. Their song "Sara Smile" brought a tear to my eye as I listened patiently to their gentle tune.

I stopped watching any videos after that (worrying for internet bandwidth overusage, and the fact that I had been watching quite a lot over the past few days), and sat quietly to myself....

When was the last time a song has evoked such emotion from its listeners? Or am I just... a bit sensitive? In any case, I still prefer the likeness of all genres that are genuinely melodic and such, and I'm not ashamed to say I do like songs from lots of controversial genres too: Rap/Hiphop, Pop, Mainstream, Indie [Rock ~ interesting thing about that, my good friend keeps telling me that I seem to like bands that are what he calls "Indie rock", I don't really mind what its called honestly, it's still good music to my ears], Rock, Alt Rock, Punk Rock, Metal, Power Metal, Classical, Concerto, C-Pop, J-Pop, Tech/House/Trance, and much much more.

I couldn't live with myself if I didn't settle with myself and just admit that I'm and avid listener and player of a vast multitude of music. My piano awaits for my next song project and I intend to satisfy it's desire.

Good Day, Night, Early Morning and Sunset Eve,

Razor Blayde

This entry was posted on Thursday, October 07, 2010 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 posts by other people on my blog